Did you know Boots and Superdrug are offering free rapid Covid-19 tests. People without symptoms can visit the Boots and Superdrug pharmacies to collect a free box of 7 lateral flow test **limited to one per person.
Boots opens COVID-19 vaccination site in Huddersfield pharmacy as it helps to vaccinate the nation – with more sites to come
- Boots will offer NHS COVID-19 vaccinations at Huddersfield from Saturday 23 January
- Huddersfield is the third Boots pharmacy to offer the vaccinations, following the recent launch of the service at Halifax and Gloucester stores
- All vaccination sites will be run from Boots stores in line with its exceptional safety, clinical and operational standards
- Boots has considerable expertise in the delivery of vaccinations and is proud to support NHS England with this service
Boots UK will start delivering COVID-19 vaccinations in Huddersfield this week, supporting NHS England to vaccinate the nation. The site will administer the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine and will operate from specially designed facilities in the Huddersfield store.
Boots opened its first vaccination site last week in Halifax and has already helped numerous patients from the local community to receive their first vaccine. The retailer has also started to offer vaccinations in its pharmacy in Gloucester this week, with an option to expand further to more Boots stores in the future.
Sarah Cooper, Store Manager of Boots in Huddersfield, said: “We are incredibly proud to support the NHS during this extraordinary time. Our pharmacy team are excited to get started and are delighted to be able to support residents in the local community, as helping them is at the heart of everything we do. We look forward to welcoming patients in store over the coming days and weeks, and are thrilled that our pharmacy has been selected to be at the forefront of the nation’s vaccination efforts.”
Boots has extensive knowledge, experience and proven capability in vaccination services making it well placed to support the NHS in delivering the vaccine across the UK. Boots has presented a model for COVID-19 vaccinations to be administered in Boots stores, aligned with its exceptional safety, clinical and operational standards.
Patients will be invited directly by the NHS to book their COVID-19 vaccination appointment at the Boots Huddersfield pharmacy.
The safety and well-being of our staff and customers is our priority. In line with government guidance, non-essential retailers at the Piazza will close this Thursday, 5th November until further notice.
The following stores will continue to be open:-
• Boots 8.15am – 5.30pm Monday to Saturday & Sunday 10.30am to 4.30pm
• Boots Opticians 9.00am – 5.30pm Monday to Saturday (appointment only)
• Superdrug 9.00am – 5.30pm Monday to Saturday & Sunday 10.30am to 4.30pm
• Meat Steve 9.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Saturday & Sunday 10.30am to 4.30pm
• Greggs 9.00am – 4.30pm Takeaway only Monday to Saturday
WHSmith 9.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Saturday & Sunday 10.30am to 4.30pm
• Toyland – Click and Collect only by arrangement
We look forward to reopening fully once it is safe to do so and in the meantime we will keep you updated on our social media so make sure you give us a follow! 😄 but for now it is business as usual.
Thousands pack out the Piazza Centre for the Christmas Light Switch On.
Your one stop party shop stocking balloons for all occasions, party decorations for all occasions, fancy dress, plus much more.
Piazza Centres New arrival is Meat Steve